17 of My Best Travel Moments of 2017


2017 had a singular theme and this year it revolved around mountains. Yes, mountains. In each trip, I have either rode or hiked around in the mountains. In another milestone, I have traveled more in this year alone than any other that came before it. So, hurrah! May 2018 be another eventful year of travel, but let's take a moment and reflect on 17 of my best moments of 2017


17. Had a blast going food hunting around the ancient cities of Hoi An and Hue in Vietnam



16. Finally got around to India and visited the Taj Mahal, one of the seven ancient wonders of the world



15. On top of the world in Da Nang, Vietnam!



14. Enjoyed my first snowfall in Lijiang, China



13. Revisited Sapa again. Glad I got good weather this time around, wasn't so lucky the last time I was here



12. Loved every minute of this scenic walk along the Cloud Traveller's Path in Dali, China



11. Fulfilled an item on my bucket list, went all that way north to see Ban Gioc waterfall in Vietnam



10. Got my first surreal look of the Annapurna mountains in Pisang, along the Annapurna Circuit Trek, in Nepal



9.  Got blown away over and over again at Nubra Valley in Ladakh, India



8. Visited Mu Chang Chai, one of the most beautiful rice terraces in Vietnam



7. That feeling of amazement I got when looking out the window during my flight from New Delhi to Leh, Ladakh



6. Motorcycled around the majestic Ma Pi Leng pass in Ha Giang, Vietnam



5. Camped under the stars at Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri in Ladakh, India



4. Braved the 28 Bends and hiked the Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan, China



3. This sunrise at Annapurna Base Camp. Wow!



2. Braved some of the highest motorable passes in the world - Khardung La, Chang La and Taglang La, all in Ladakh, India



1. Made it to Thorong La pass and completed my Annapurna Circuit trek. One of the best feelings ever, and my best travel moment of 2017!



What do you think about my list? Click here to see last years' list: 201620152014
Feel free to comment below and tell me what your best travel moment of 2017 is.



1 comment

Back to Top